Thank you for showing HAZE!
We want you to feel comfortable and prepared for discussion after the film. Our new HAZE Facilitator Guide is short, easy-to-use, and can help you focus your discussion by topic. It includes a one-page step-by-step outline of how to facilitate a HAZE showing, and a short section of teaching points after each topic.
How you choose to facilitate your discussion after HAZE is up to you, and may also be dependent on your audience. The Facilitator Guide provides helpful discussion prompt questions and ideas for facilitation.
Should you want to use a snowball survey to generate anonymous feedback and encourage discussion after the film, we offer instructions and printable question sheets by topic to help you facilitate a snowball survey after your HAZE showing:
- Snowball Survey Instructions
- Snowball Survey Question Sheet for General Discussion
- Snowball Survey Question Sheet for Hazing Discussion
- Snowball Survey Question Sheet for Alcohol Overdose Discussion
- Snowball Survey Question Sheet for Bystander Intervention Discussion
Other Helpful Facilitator Resources
- Find out if your state has medical amnesty laws through the Medical Amnesty Initiative
- Search for your state's hazing laws
- Signs of an alcohol overdose and how to help an intoxicated friend
- Hazing in View: College Students at Risk (2008)
- Alfred University Hazing Survey (1999)
Gordie Center Hazing Prevention Presentations
Why It’s Difficult to “Consent” to Hazing: The Social Science Research on Hazing presentation The PowerPoint slide deck and notes pages are newly updated and include suggestions for online delivery!
The content is based on an Amicus Brief authored by Gregory S. Parks, JD, PhD. Dean Parks Associate Dean of Research, Public Engagement, & Faculty Development and Professor of Law at Wake Forest University School of Law, and submitted by HazingPrevention.org on behalf of the State of Florida.
Hazing Awareness and Response for RAs presentation. The PowerPoint slide deck contains notes pages and suggestions for online delivery. Includes the Hazing Spectrum Activity Cards and Hazing Spectrum Activity Facilitation Guide